Sometimes routines are stuffy and get old, and yet are a large part of life. Sometimes, though, routines can be quite special. This year I resolved to not watch 2011 pass me by, as if I were watching a parade. It is exciting to stand on the side and watch all the colors and sounds go by. But it is a different experience completely to be a participant. So this year, I will be a participant. How? I created a list of random things that I want to accomplish and be a part of and new routines I want to . I want to move on from reading chapter 22 of my life and start writing Chapter 23. I know I have a Master Story Teller writing out crazy events for my life...but I know I also have been given pen and paper to be a live character. I've started a new morning routine. Anyone who knows me, knows that I am not a morning person. If i wake up earlier than I have to, I used to stay in bed and catch a morning show. It left me feeling lethargic all day and as though I wasted my morning away, even though it was only for 30mins or so. Now I make the most of my morning--I wake up, grab coffee, read the Bible to my man and reduce the countdown number. So simple yet breaths life into my soul and tugs at the corners of my mouth. I could very well sleep for another hour or so, but sometimes dreaming away the precious moments that could be is not as refreshing as actually living those moments.
*Nutrition Talk:
Great post work-out drink = "Cinnamon Ginger Clementine & Carrot"
Recipe: 1 drink
4 long carrot sticks
2 clementines
1/4 cup fresh brewed ginger root tea
1/2 - 1 tsp cinnamon
Using a juicer, juice the carrots and clementies.
To make the ginger tea, get fresh ginger root (2 medium size) and using a parring knife cut the skin off. Cut the root into small cubes. Bring 2 cups of water in a pot to a boil with the ginger in it. Boil/Simmer Covered for 15-20mins and then let stand for another 20 minutes. I do not recommend drinking the ginger tea straight. It will burn your throat. Also, NOTE that ginger is good for cleaning out toxins in your body by getting rid of them through your sweat. If you feel slightly hot/feverish after drinking ginger root tea, that is the ginger cleansing your body by raising your body temperature so you sweat.
Combine the juiced carrots, clementines and ginger root tea and mix in the cinnamon. Stick a straw in and enjoy!
This drink is great for your skin, eyes, regulating blood sugar, stimulating your metabolism/digestion and boost circulation. It's low in calories and high in nutrients. Great for a refreshing summer afternoon drink.
Challenge: write a letter to someone you love and do some push-ups!
love this!
ReplyDeleteI can tell someone has been reading Donald Miller. =P
ReplyDeleteYou and me both, sister. I am whatever the opposite of a morning person is. Yay for routines.