Sunday, June 3, 2012
Blessings that Remind
Last night I re-read a bunch of my old posts and it proved to be a great exercise. I'm not saying that I had amazing things to say, but what I did say are things that I needed to be reminded of. It's been a year, I believe, since my last post, and now I want to start it up again. A lot has happened since that last post. I got engaged, married, moved to AL and then to TX and turned 24. It's been a fantastic year full of blessings, mercies, great joy and happiness in abundance. I love being married. I have the most amazing husband who takes such good care of me. The year of crazy dating was worth it to be with him daily (well almost, it is the army life after all). As hot, sandy and in the middle of no where as El Paso is, we're having the time of our lives here. We've made wonderful friends and God provided a Jesus-loving-Bible-based church for us to attend. We have a great house in the perfect location. Yes, our blessings are many--above and beyond what I could have ever imagined! Jesus knows that change is hard for me, but He has gently helped me adjust with ease. As much as I miss my family and friends back in Jersey, I haven't been homesick. My heart has been fully knit to my husband's and I have been too happy to be homesick--which is a great mercy! Army life is a different world and thankfully the Army helps you adjust quickly to the crazy life that it is (with a hint of sarcasm). If you don't adjust to it quickly you will hate the Army life. I don't say that I LOVE the Army life but it is a good life. I've had to grow in a lot of areas and it's been great. I am privilege to know so many great soldiers that sacrifice so much for our country. I have been given a great life here in TX and it's been hitting me that I haven't been making the most of my life here. I have more time on my hands than I have ever had before. So, I'm writing this post to remind myself to not waste my life, to not accept the ordinary, to not watch life from the sidelines, and to live fully for Jesus. I have good gifts and opportunities and it's high time I get up and make great use of them. Who's with me?!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment